I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Yesterday was very eventful for my family because my sister and her boyfriend got engaged! I am so, so happy for them and really wish I could have been with them to celebrate. There were many cloak and dagger phone calls from my mom all this past week with updates regarding the proposal and the ring. I think my sister may have seen it coming because her boyriend, Billy, was insisting they go hiking. Two major clues: they have not gone on a hike in years, and the Polar Vortex is in full swing in NJ. They made it on the hike though, and this adorable scene unfolded. She said YES. 🙂
Two lovely fellow bloggers, Katie and Katie, tagged me in a survey on Friday. It is a fun round up of four questions on a variety of topics that I thought would be a nice way to share some of my history. I invite you to play along and share a little in the comments section too. We got jobs, movies, TV and food. All the important things in life. 🙂
Four Names People Call Me Other Than My Real Name
- Laney – Scott blended my first and last name to create his personal nickname for me.
- Delaney – People get confused and often think it is my first name.
- Laur – People always like to abbreviate a name even one that truly lacks a nickname.
- Java – My college roommates called me “Java” because I was always brewing coffee in my room.
Four Jobs I Have Had (Not Counting the Job I Have Right Now)
- Actress – My passion for years.
- Bookshop Girl – The best ever! Getting paid to read and talk about books.
- Associate Editor – Sounds better than it is…think data entry for a publishing company.
- Marketing Manager – For countless companies. The question – “you have had a lot of jobs” is the number one thing that gives me anxiety on interviews.
Four Movies I have Watched More than Once (and can Quote)
- The Devil Wears Prada – So many good lines. I worship Meryl Streep.
- When Harry Met Sally
- Overboard – Too many lines to count.
- Tootsie – So truthful about the life of an actor, and makes me smile every darn time I watch it.
Four Books I Would Recommend
- The Five Love Languages
- The Weight of Water – The ending blew my mind.
- The God of Small Things
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Four Places I Have Lived
- Warren, NJ
- Morristown, NJ
- Matawan, NJ
- Austin, TX – I made this huge move last July!
Four Places I Have Been
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, England
- Paris, France
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
- Celebrating My Sister’s Engagement – The hardest part of not living near family is not getting to enjoy these types of celebrations.
- On the beach with a book
- Drinking wine in Napa Valley (one of my musts for a future vacation)
- At a spa getting a massage
Four Things I Don’t Eat
- Conventional Meat
- Junk Food
- Milk – Alternative milk is where it is at for this girl.
Four of My Favorite Foods (and/or meals)
- Dark Chocolate
- Almond Butter
Four Shows I Watch
- Grey’s Anatomy
- The Bachelor/Bachlorette
Four Things I Am Looking Forward to this Year
- Scott finishing graduate school
- Starting a health coaching business
Four Things I Am Always Saying
- I don’t know what I should do
- On the blog…
- Oh Pooh Bear (to Scott)
- I had no idea it would take that long (lately this applies to driving to Lifetime, anywhere in Austin, and life in general)
Four People I am Tagging to Play Along
Question of the Afternoon: Pick any one of these categories and share below!
Find me in these places!
E-mail — email@example.com
Twitter — BikiniExp
Facebook — The Bikini Experiment
Pinterest — The Bikini Experiment
Instagram — The Bikini Experiment
YouTube — The Bikini Experiment