I am challenging you to new ab exercises with this workout! These exercises will help you shape up your mid-section and push you in an entirely new way. Some ab crunches with a serious punch are headed your way! I see a sweaty gym session in your near future. Feeling pumped? Good, let’s do this.
Shape Up Now with 3 Ab Exercises
Oh those abs. They are not so easy to shape and easily slip away if our nutrition choices are less than on point. To get the abs you desire you have to work them in multiple ways. The plan is always everything.
It is perfect to include crunches in your workout schedule a few days a week. These ab exercises will be just the thing to push you to the next level. We are not letting our bikini wearing summer go without a fight!
Build Your Moves
Adding an ab board is how we will elevate these crunches to the next level. You have to try it to believe it. If you have been doing countless crunches and you are totally bored with your routine this will blow your mind.
The ab board will create a new level of tension that will make these ab exercises extremely effective in a quick amount of time. Feel the burn? Oh you totally will…
Ab exercises should be a priority in your fitness routine. It is something that can be very easy to toss out of your workout plan or save until the next time. However, strong abs help create a powerful core. That core development is part of a strong back. This is crucial for your overall health and physical wellness.
General Form Cues
- Create a good brace through your core.
- Low back and shoulder blades stay on the ground.
- Pull the belly button down towards your low back.
- Hips remain tucked under during the ab crunch.
- Ribs should be closed and the abs remain crunched down.
- Keep your chin tucked under and crunch only with your abs.
- Imagine folding your abs into a ball to create tension.
Tip from Your Trainer
I recommend performing this routine three times a week after your main workout. You can complete this series 2-3 times or choose just one and do a few sets. Consistency is the key to all success! Increase your reps as these ab exercises starts to get a little easier.
Be sure to check out the video I posted on my Instagram page of these ab exercises!
I hope you try ALL variations of these ab exercises! I know adding a movement like this 3-4 times a week will have a huge impact on your developing your ab and core strength.
Read and re-read the form cues to make sure you have a general sense of how you want to move your body through these squats. Find a mirror that will help you check you form often. Focus on getting improving in each and every repetition and the results will naturally follow.
Check back next week for your next move.
BUILD YOUR MOVES
- Bust Your Booty with Dumbbell Squats
- Best Arm Exercise with Floor Press
- Get an Amazing Ab Workout with the Dead Bug
- 3 Butt Exercises for Strong and Lean Curves
- Get Strong Glutes with Hip Thrust
- Booty Basics with Glute Bridge
- A Strong Back – 4 Dumbbell Row Variations
- 3 Amazing Ways to Push Press
- 3 Steps to a Power Clean with Dumbbells
- Add the Intensity to Your Reverse Lunge
- Perfect RDL Exercises for Better Glutes
Because looking cute helps every workout.
Below is the fitness equipment that I used for these exercises from my Amazon Store:
HOW ABOUT YOU?
- How often do you do ab crunches?
- What’s your favorite ab exercise?