This is a special recipe for you to make this weekend!
Pumpkin Pecan Bread
If you are craving pumpkin then you are going to flip over this bread! Fall is in the air, and that always inspires some of the best flavors possible. Pumpkin is a top pick right for sure – and with good reason!
Three Health Benefits of Pumpkin
- Natural Source of Beta Carotene
- Low Glycemic Fruit
- Great Fiber, Vitamins and Minerals
In addition to these health benefits, pumpkin always feels a little bit like a warm hug. 🙂 You can easily enjoy healthy pumpkin recipes like this one as part of a nutritious diet plan. Lightly sweetened with maple syrup and spices it’s a perfect choice for breakfast or a quick afternoon snack.
♥♥♥ Happy baking!
- 2 and ½ Cups White or Brown Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Arrowroot Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 and ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Pasture-Raised Eggs
- ¼ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ⅔ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ Cup Raw Pecans (Chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients including the rice flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients until fully combined. Lastly, add in the pecans and stir.
- Pour the entire mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Spread out evenly in the pan and bake in the heated oven for 60-65 minutes depending on your oven.
- Check that the bread is done by inserting a knife or toothpick in the center - if it comes out clean then it is ready!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy or store for later.
Enjoy the fit life one adventure at a time and follow along!
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | FeedBurner | Bloglovin
I always love hearing from you! If you have any questions please feel free to send me an email.