I always been a huge devotee of makeup and skincare. Bring it on! Below are some favorites that I enjoy on a regular basis. Many are natural and hugely beneficial for your health and wellness too.
New Beauty Favorites
Yes to Cucumbers Face Cloths – I wash my face but really like face cloths to remove all my make up at night. The “Yes to” line can be found at pretty much any drug store and are easily affordable. They have a stamp of approval that they were a “Best of Beauty” product selected by Allure Magazine so they are very effective and labeled as 98% natural. I’m not sure what the other 2% is but I can live with it.
Alba Botanica Very Emollient Body Lotion – This is pretty much my all-time favorite body lotion that I would pick over any other. For some reason, I find the smell of the original quite heavenly. It does a good job of moisturizing too. There are other types for those that need more hydration. No parabens, phthalates or animal testing here. It is also 100% vegetarian ingredients. I had thought all body lotion was vegetarian, but I guess I’m a little in the dark here.
Burt’s Bees – Who doesn’t love Burt’s Bees? I swear see people applying their chapstick in a slightly addicted way all the time. Again, this is easily affordable and can be purchased anywhere from Walmart to Target to the food or drug store. I really like a lot of their products and the lip balms are very nice.
First Aid Beauty – I have actually used this line for years because it is literally the only one that ever worked for me. I had tried everything for years whether it be high or low end on the cost scale to find a product that benefited my skin. I had a mix of dry and oily skin which was incredibly sensitive and eczema patches that would frequently flare up. I paint a lovely picture, don’t I? Well, my skin started to clear up ASAP when I started using these products so I am incredibly loyal and would recommend them to anyone.
Urban Decay Eye Shadow – I wish I had known the Urban Decay line a few years ago when I felt like I was destined to have to find eye make up at Whole Foods. I love this line and this is the Naked Basics Palette. The shadows are very nice and neutral. I believe they would flatter anyone. The compact was $28, but I feel it is a good value since you are getting quite a few options.
Tarte Blush – I love that the tagline for Tarte is high performance naturals. No parabens, sulfates, fragrances or chemicals are added to their products. I chose the shade “Dazzled” but there are almost 20 colors available. You can order online, but I bought mine at Sephora.
Tarte Mascara – Who can be without mascara? Since I have been scared by almost every beauty magazine reinforcing that you need to buy a new one every three months I have tried many, many brands. I really love Tarte because it makes my eye lashes longer and separates them well. I also saw recently that Physician’s Formula is now offering an organic mascara. Since that’s a drug store line it might be a little more affordable.
Bite Beauty – This is an extensive line of lipsticks, lip pencils and glosses. It also claims to be good enough for you to eat. Ever hear of those stories about the high content of lead and other assorted chemicals in a lot of lipstick brands? It’s a little frightening. These are free of said lead, chemicals and other assorted nasty ingredients. Plus the colors are just pretty.
So there you have it with my most recent make up finds. I hope you check some of them out.
Question of the Day: Do you believe in and/or buy organic make up or skin care lines? Do you have any products you love? Please feel free to share in the comment section below.