A delicious grain-free raspberry orange muffin recipe that is also dairy-free, gluten-free and low in sugar. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or a treat!
A shocking thing happened to me at the food store this week. I call it the food store (insert yawn) because that is really all it is. A dependable place to stock up on things when your needs run the gamut from cotton balls to plantains. It was not a fancy date like wandering the aisles of Whole Foods or a fun romp like Trader Joe’s. I was actually darting through the produce aisle like a mad woman so I could get in and out quickly. I owned those little baggies that are always a struggle. I mean – always, right? I suddenly spotted a sale out of the corner of my eye – on organic raspberries of all things. Raspberries are my favorite berry by far. I love the others too, but in a popularity contest I would go for the raspberries. They are usually so gosh darn expensive that I look at them, sometimes pick up the package, but rarely buy them. I cannot justify the cost for that tiny plastic container. However, on this occasion they were the same price as regular berries – deeply discounted by the sale. I grabbed a few (keep it together, Lauren) and jetted to the check out. Even the check-out lady acknowledged my loot. It was a good sale indeed.
Well, unfortunately raspberries do not last all that long. I could not risk them going to waste of course. In a casual conversation with my mom on the phone she suggested maybe they could be good for some muffins. Yes! Muffins of course. I assembled my ingredients and formulated a plan.
You are in luck today because they are delicious! I hereby present to you Grain-Free Raspberry Orange Muffins.
Grain-Free Raspberry Orange Muffins
I thought they were awesome when I whipped them up late yesterday afternoon. When I texted Scott a picture at work he decided he had to work out before he came home so he could indulge in one. These little gems are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, low sugar and Paleo to boot. Scott is old school though. Remember I met him because he was my personal trainer! To him any kind of treat can only be enjoyed if a sweat session comes first.
The Bikini Experiment does not really approve of the “s” word – in print or online. However, I thought I would make an exception in this one instance. I am a little more fast and loose with my muffin intake, but to each his own. As long as you enjoy them that is the important part.
I am happy to share this recipe with you today! In my opinion, a cup of joe would be the perfect compliment.
- 1½ Cup of Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1½ Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- Pinch of Pink Himalyan Salt
- 5 Pasture Raised Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup of Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ Cup of Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil and set it aside.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
- Whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl and then add the orange juice, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend all of the ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly so they are completed folded into the mixture.
- Measure and add the fresh raspberries to the batter.
- Spoon into the greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick (or knife) inserted comes out clean.
Do you believe it is the last weekend in May already? Times flies – we are hoping to catch a movie this weekend. Otherwise, it should be a low key couple of days in this neck of the woods. Hope you have fun plans ahead!
Questions of the Day: What is your favorite berry? Do you struggle with the produce baggies at the food store? Please, tell me I am not the only one!