“Good things come to those who bake”…Anonymous
Hello, hello! I had the opportunity to bake yesterday afternoon, and I seized the chance. After church Scott and I stocked up on food for the week, and headed back home. He had some work to do on his computer, and a client scheduled, so I hopped on into the kitchen to do a little baking.
I am not Paleo or completely gluten free, but I do avoid wheat for the most part and love grain-free baked goods. My personal preference is almond flour, but coconut and rice flour are nice too. I was debating whether to make bread or muffins, but I ended up selecting the latter. This recipe has an almond flour base, and is very quick and easy to make. Both qualities are mandatory in my book! These slighty sweet baked treats (I used minimal sugar) are perfect for breakfast if you are on the go or a healthy snack. I like mine topped with a bit of Kerrygold butter, but jam or honey is a nice compliment too.
Grain-free Apple Spice Muffins
- 2 Cups of Almond Meal
- 4 Pasture Raised Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- ½ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ½ of an Apple (I used organic Honeycrisp)
- 1 Packet of Stevia
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- ½ of a Juiced Lemon
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Pink Himalyan Sea Salt (to taste)
- Coconut Oil (to line the muffin tin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the half of an apple into very small pieces and place in a bowl.
- Juice the lemon and add along with the coconut sugar, the salt, the Stevia, the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Measure the almond flour and baking soda into a separate bowl and mix.
- Measure the eggs and honey into a separate bowl and whisk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet until completely aborbed. Add in the apples.
- Line the bottoms of the muffin tin with coconut oil and add the mixture to the pan.
- There should be enough for 9 cups. When the oven reaches temperature slide the muffin tin on the top rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the muffin tin and place on a rack to cool.
Scott was doing work, but also hanging out waiting for these to be ready. Muffins and sweet breads are his favorite. I am afraid these will all be gone within a day! I hope you love the recipe if you decide to give it a go! They could potentially be a nice side for Thanksgiving.
I hope your Monday is Marvelous!
Question of the Morning: Grain-free baking – yay or nay?
Find me in these places!
E-mail — firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter — BikiniExp
Facebook — The Bikini Experiment
Pinterest — The Bikini Experiment
Instagram — The Bikini Experiment
YouTube — The Bikini Experiment