A coconut chia pudding recipe headed your way! A delicious and tasty dessert that will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Perfect for an after dinner treat or a sweetened snack. Grab a spoon to dig on in to this Vegan, Gluten-Free and Dairy Free creation. Perfection…am I right? I think so!
Coconut Chia Pudding
Does anyone else hear the chia song when they eat chia seeds? You know the one. The commercial for the heads that grow chia? Well, it constantly dances around in my head if I dig into this omega rich treat. Some things just get stuck in our head to stay. Somehow chia is one of them!
Eat Your Way Fit
Here at The Bikini Experiment the philosophy is to emphasize whole foods that fuel us. Better food naturally equals better energy which helps us reach our fitness and health goals. Of course, most of us tend to have a sweet tooth that pops up and it is certainly not smart to feel deprived and simply deny yourself all the time. It’s all about making better choices.
This coconut chia seed pudding is a dessert you can feel good about. As you cut back on processed foods like cookies or candy more natural options will start to taste better and better. Eat your way fit is a good place to be.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Cha! Cha! Chia! I mean we all sing it. Chia seeds are a superfood! Certainly worth chanting a tune to celebrate. Just a quick glance at those many benefits for our health.
- Nutrient Dense (a lot of benefits for the calories you are consuming)
- High Fiber
- High Protein
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- Should Lower the Risk of Diabetes & Risk of Heart Disease
- Bone Nutrients (Calcium, Phosphorous, Magnesium & Protein)
- Enhance Exercise Performance
- May Improve Symptoms of Type II Diabetes
Good stuff, right? Plus they somehow make a delicious pudding. Pudding hits the spot when those sugar cravings come knocking. Little secret about me – pudding is definitely one of my favorite treats.
- ¼ Cup Chia Seeds
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Packet of Stevia
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Mix all of these ingredients together in a glass bowl and stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy plain or with added berries and coconut flakes.
Don’t ever let where you currently are with food habits discourage you. It’s all about finding finds you do enjoy. When we take away the stress of healthy eating and make it fun our outlook changes. Enjoying new foods and choosing the “good things” begins to become more of a habit. I used to live on bagels and corn chips, but now I’m hooked on fueling my body with healthier foods because of how they make me look and feel. That’s why I love sharing recipes that are incredibly simple, but make nutrition less confusing and intimidating. You’re going to love this one!
More Sweet Treats
How About You?
- Do you sing the chia song?
- What is your favorite dessert?