It is all coming together with our dumbbell squats! We are going to target and build that booty on a whole different level. Dumbbell squats are an amazing exercise for developing the lower body. It’s seriously going to blow your mind. Excited yet? You should be. Let’s do it.
Bust Your Booty with Dumbbell Squats
Lower body exercises are absolutely crucial to any serious fitness program. Not only does it help build and shape muscle. There is also the extra calorie burn to consider. If you feel like you’ve been a little stuck with your training program then concentrating on a squat will help you move forward in a huge way.
Mobility, strength and muscle are all going to dominate with this exercise. Let’s build it up butter cup! You mission this week is to include squats in your next 304 workouts. Confidence in those shorts will be yours babes.
Build Your Moves
Using dumbbells for squats will be an effective way to build that booty strength from the ground up. Start small and then work on adding variety and gradually increase the weight to make it even harder. Through challenging what we think we can do we push ourselves to build up these moves.
Squats are an everyday cornerstone of building an athletic body. It’s more than just an exercise in that it’s an activity of daily living. Like walking really! It is something that humans are designed to do as part of their development. It’s is perfectly suited to being performed each and every day.
The practice effect forms and shapes muscles. So the best way to get better is to spend time doing it! You want to be performing squats well because of all it will provide you. You’re missing out if it’s not a regular part of your fitness routine.
General Form Cues
- Cup your hands to hold the weight as needed.
- Keep the elbows close to your side and pull the shoulder blades together.
- Tuck your tailbone down and close the ribs to stack them over the pelvis.
- Put the majority of your weight in your heels while holding the big toe joint firmly into the ground.
- Slightly break at the knees and open the thighs to squat your butt down to sit between your heels.
- Pull your hamstring down to touch your calves as the knee closes completely.
- Do not allow the upper back to round or the butt wink under from the rounding of the low back.
Tip from your Trainer
Do not be afraid to add weight when it comes to your squat. Ironically, weight will actually make the exercise easier to perform since it helps to gain mobility at the bottom of your squat. So definitely grab your dumbbells for this one!
Be sure to check out the video I posted on my Instagram page of these dumbbell squats!
If you perform these dumbbell squats a few times and they start to feel easy then you are ready to switch up your variation or add weight as an intermediate step.
I hope you try ALL variations of these dumbbell squats! Adding a movement like this 3-4 times a week will have a huge impact on your lower body strength and mobility. Can you tell squats are my favorite?
Read and re-read the form cues to make sure you have a general sense of how you want to move your body through these squats. Find a mirror that will help you check you form often. Focus on getting improving in each and every repetition and the results will come.
Check back next week for your next move.
BUILD YOUR MOVES
- Best Arm Exercise with Floor Press
- Get an Amazing Ab Workout with the Dead Bug
- 3 Butt Exercises for Strong and Lean Curves
- Get Strong Glutes with Hip Thrust
- Booty Basics with Glute Bridge
- A Strong Back – 4 Dumbbell Row Variations
- 3 Amazing Ways to Push Press
- 3 Steps to a Power Clean with Dumbbells
- Add the Intensity to Your Reverse Lunge
- Perfect RDL Exercises for Better Glutes
Because looking cute helps every workout.
Below are the dumbbells that I used for these exercises from my Amazon Store:
How About You?
- Do you prefer low body or upper body workouts?
- What’s your go-to way to squat?