A booty workout designed to sculpt that backside. Lower body workouts are a win-win. They work larger muscles so you are burning more calories and build muscle. I’ll take it. Are you ready? Let’s work to build that booty.
Build a Booty Workout
This booty workout requires minimal equipment! A bench or box, a kettlebell and a band. These are easy items to find at a gym. These items can also be ordered online if you prefer working out in your home.
For the kettlebell, you will want as heavy a weight as you can manage. This booty workout is targeting the lower body. You can typically handle heavier than you think.
- Start in a quadruped kneeling position.
- Align the spine from the back of the head to the tailbone and create a firm but relaxed brace.
- Pull up your pelvic floor and draw the belly button into the spine; connect them deeply together.
- Move the arm from the shoulder only and the leg from the hip socket only; completely maintain the torso position.
- As you raise the back leg, squeeze your butt cheeks together as hard as you can while keeping the back flat.
- As the arm lifts, fold the ribs and connect the tension from the arm pit across to lower abs of the extended leg.
- Work hard to take out any shifting of your weight or twisting in the hips.
»»KB Goblet Pulse Squat
- Cup your hands to hold the weight.
- Keep the elbows close to your side and pull the shoulder blades together.
- Tuck your tailbone down and close the ribs to stack them over the pelvis.
- Put the majority of your weight in your heels while holding the big toe joint firmly into the ground.
- Slightly break at the knees and open the thighs to squat your butt down to sit between your heels.
- Pull your hamstring down to touch your calves as the knee closes completely.
- Do not allow the upper back to round or the butt wink under from the rounding of the low back.
- Pause at the bottom and then pulse 5 times.
»»1-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie down on your back.
- Bring your feet back toward your butt.
- Get the heel as close to you as possible.
- Flatten the low back to the ground by tucking the tailbone under you and drawing the belly button into the floor.
- Raise and tuck one of your legs in toward your chest, holding your leg in the triple tuck position (flexed at the hip, the knee and the ankle).
- Your low back will stay in contact with the floor in this bottom position while the glutes may only barely touch the floor.
- Press through the heel on the ground to push the butt into the air.
- Slowly lower by pulling up the pelvic floor and drawing the abs inward to control the lowering and touch the low back to the floor.
»»Bent Leg Reverse Hyper
- Lie face down on a bench or across a large box with a foam pad.
- Create a posture as if you were standing.
- The abs are pulled upward off the bench while the hip bones are pressed down into the bench.
- The head is neutral.
- Bend the knees and point the feet.
- Actively move from the hip socket by squeezing your butt muscles.
- Draw the belly button upward toward the ceiling squeeze your glutes tightly.
- As you extend the legs upward and back.
- Press the bottom of your foot to face the ceiling.
- Squeeze and pause.
»»Brazilian Butt Lift
- Start in a quadruped kneeling position.
- Align the spine from the back of the head to the tailbone.
- Set a firm but relaxed brace by pulling up your pelvic floor and drawing the belly button into the spine.
- Move the leg from the hip socket only.
- Lift and extend the leg by pressing the bottom of the foot through the band.
- Completely maintain the torso position and the shoulder blades pulling down toward the hips.
- On the return, draw the pelvic floor upward to stabilize the pelvis and allow the glute muscles to prepare for the next contraction.
- Squeeze and pause at the top or mix with fluid repeating reps.
»»Sumo Touch-N-Go KB DL
- Take a wide stance with the thighs spread open.
- Open the feet to point in the same line as the hip and knee.
- Fold the ribs down, tuck the tailbone under and hold the armpits down and back.
- The arms are relaxed yet held in contact with the abs and inner thighs.
- Sink straight down.
- Maintain as vertical of a torso as you can.
- Create tension through the center of your body and squeeze the butt to drive the bell upward and the hips completely through.
- To make this movement a “touch-n-go” variation do not allow the bell to come to a complete stop on the ground.
PRINT IT FOR LATER!
You now have the option to print out any blog posts via the print button at the bottom of the post!
Other Lower Body Workouts:
How About You?
- Do you focus on lower body workouts in your fitness routine?
- Do you prefer to workout at home or at a gym?