Thank you to Old Navy for selecting me to participate in their Old Navy Active Program and sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own. #OldNavyActive Pro Tips.
We all love those toned arms and the look of a beautiful back! Am I right? I want to challenge you to add these one-arm row variations into your fitness routine at least 2-3 times this week. Whether in the gym or in your living room there is no reason not to be working towards being fit. This exercise is going to be perfect for you!
Beautiful Back with 3 One-Arm Row Variations
It’s that time when we all return back to a healthy and active routine! We have all been enjoying these summer days and the last of carefree vacation time. Now is the opportunity to restore that healthy lifestyle we all love and crave! Do you need some help getting motivated? Not a problem! The answer lies in building our moves.
Build Your Moves
Upper body strength is crucial for toned arms, but also to maintain our back health. A lot of times we can get away from upper body work. Like anything else it can fall out of fitness routine too easily. When it comes to my approach to training I like to balance push moves (push ups, chest press) with pull movements like a one-arm row.
When it comes to your mindset and working out focus on your performance and building up that muscle. This will always pay you back!
Exercising your upper back without machinery isn’t always so easy, but the one-arm row does a pretty awesome job. This one-arm row exercise also strengthens your biceps and shoulders. Be especially careful if you have lower-back problems and make sure to keep your back flat. Use a mirror like I always tell you to check your form often.
General Form Cues
- Learn over and push your butt back into your hamstrings.
- Use your hand to fold the ribs.
- Row the dumbbell up smoothly. Do not let the lowering of the dumbbell pull your shoulder forward.
- Shoulders blades are back, down and connected. Press into the support to keep your shoulders even. You want to mimic using two dumbbells here. Be sure to to focus on slow and controlled reps. This is your goal.
Tip from you Trainer
I believe fitness and fashion are incredibly important. I always say that looking and feeling cute helps every workout because it’s true! I shared in this recent video why I think the attitude we take into the gym directly translates to our level of confidence and performance. I was so excited to shop at Old Navy and find so many adorable and affordable things!
Even if you are working out at home you should be wearing clothes that feel good! An active line like Old Navy will help you to stay inspired and therefore committed to an athletic lifestyle. Ditch those old t-shirts and select a few items that you feel good wearing.
I love a good upper body workout and hope you join me by included these row variations in your workout this week! Remember we are committed no matter where our fitness journey takes us this Fall!
Read and re-read the form cues to make sure you have a general sense of how you want to move your body through the 1-arm row. Find a mirror that will help you check you form often. Focus on getting improving in each and every repetition and the results will show up!
Check back next week for your next move. And be sure you are following me over on Instagram to see more of these fantastic styles from Old Navy Activewear!
BUILD YOUR MOVES
- Rock Your Bikini with Low Back Hyper Exercises
- Shape Up Now with 3 Ab Exercises
- Bust Your Booty with Dumbbell Squats
- Best Arm Exercise with Floor Press
- Get an Amazing Ab Workout with the Dead Bug
- 3 Butt Exercises for Strong and Lean Curves
- Get Strong Glutes with Hip Thrust
- Booty Basics with Glute Bridge
- A Strong Back – 4 Dumbbell Row Variations
- 3 Amazing Ways to Push Press
- 3 Steps to a Power Clean with Dumbbells
- Add the Intensity to Your Reverse Lunge
- Perfect RDL Exercises for Better Glutes
Because looking cute helps every workout.
How About You?
- What is your healthy fitness challenge this Fall?